Jon Behrens - Pure Cinema

THE PRODUCTION AND DECAY OF STRANGE PARTICLES by Jon Behrens

experiments with "creating mats with liquid latex directly on the film emulsion then bleaching off all the excess image around the latex and using the clear bleached sections of film as a canvas to paint my film poem, I used special inks that were custom made just for me called Kenville Dyes I then to re-photographed it all on my beloved JK optical printer. I also created this films sound design.
2008, 16mm color sound 7 ½ min"
Source: http://www.vimeo.com/7352980

The Production and Decay of Strange Particles. from Jon Behrens on Vimeo.

THE PRODUCTION AND DECAY OF STRANGE PARTICLES In this film I began to experiment more with creating mats with liquid latex directly on the film emulsion then bleaching off all the excess image around the latex and using the clear bleached sections of film as a canvas to paint my film poem, I used special inks that were custom made just for me called Kenville Dyes I then to re-photographed it all on my beloved JK optical printer. I also created this films sound design.
2008, 16mm color sound 7 ½ min

This film is available for rental in 16mm from Canyon Cinema
www.canyoncinema.com

For more information on me
www.jonbehrensfilms.com


SCREENING

Experiments In New Media presents an Evening of Pure Cinema by Jon Behrens
August 26th, 2010, 20h
The Grand Detour
215 SE Morrison, Suite 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA

For more information on this event see:
http://www.expcinema.com/site/en/events/experiments-in-new-media-jon-behrens